Trade Show Displays BlogWelcome to BERLINdisplays Trade Show Displays Blog! Discover tips and information to help improve your trade show displays and point of sale exhibits to stop traffic, engage customers, and showcase your company and products!
Looking for a partner to design and create a trade show booth that will stop traffic, engage your potential customer, and make your company memorable within your industry, even after the trade show has ended? BERLINdisplays is that partner.
This is a list of the bigger trade shows, conventions, and expos coming to Montreal in the third quarter of 2019. Now is the time to begin planning to wow attendees at the events that will have the greatest impact on your business.
We display you at your best. Contact BERLINdesigns for more information, or to begin the planning and design for your most effective booth ever!
2019 Montreal Conventions Third Quarter
Palais des Congres de Montreal
4127978 Canada inc. (Major Comics)
This congress is a leading event in the area of acoustics and vibration
Parc Jean-Drapeau on Île Notre-Dame
Palais des Congres de Montreal
Otakuthon Cultural Society
Quartier des Spectacles
Designers from around the world show their collections in Montreal.
Fairmont Queen Elizabeth
The largest event of its kind in North America, the convention & trade show is an opportunity to network and discuss important issues impacting the pulse and special crops industry.
University of Montreal, Pavillon Lionel-Groulx
Language learner festival.
Palais des Congres de Montreal
IIR International Congress of Refrigeration
Palais des Congres de Montreal
An event where all players in the industry are gathered under one roof in order to give installers the benefits of doing business with NAPA.
Palais des congrès de Montréal
Organized by the World Molecular Imaging Society (WMIS), the congress is led by senior academic and industry professionals who have widely recognized expertise in molecular imaging.
Palais des congrès de Montréal
International Federation of Beekeepers’ Associations expo for beekeepers and friends of bees.
Montreal International Interior Design, a trade event bringing together designers, architects, buyers, business consultants, targeted consumers, and the media.
Le Westin Montréal
Conference for those in the energy sector.
Palais des congrès de Montréal
Conference for the spa industry.
Full disclosure…I was never a Scout!
I should have been, but moved to another area in the city before I received my official Scout tie.
That said, I adopted the Scouts’ motto “Be Prepared!”, which has always helped me throughout my life.
Being prepared for the least anticipated unknowns in the exhibit world is no different.
It’s even more important than a bottle of water for an afternoon in an amusement park, since the financial risks are much greater.
Make an Emergency Toolbox to take to all your shows and update, re-inventory it for all shows.
Clearly mark which case it is packed in. Even pack an extra emergency toolbox in an alternate case.
* email all printed files to a Cloud account, in case of computer failure
* speak to your hotel and/or venue maintenance department who usually will have assorted lights, extension cords and, a workshop, if needed
(I even was able to fix a pair of boots in Calgary, after-hours, in my hotel’s workshop.)
* update and re-inventory for all shows
* verify that all items in your Emergency Toolbox are not Restricted and Prohibited Items for travel
Here’s an Example of an Emergency Toolbox
(Update & Re-Inventory For All Shows)
* 1st aid kit including bandages, splints, Band-Aids, pain relievers, antihistamines)
* cash in local currency
* protein bars
* flashlight with spare batteries
* city map showing venue location and hotel
* a full PRINTED set of exhibit installation instructions
* flash light with extra batteries
* a printed Fact Book/File with:
* destination venue address
* venue floorplan
* exhibit floorplan
* local venue contacts (in case you need reprint graphics)
* packing tape
* scissors & Xacto knife
* pens (lots of them…they walk away)
* permanant markers in assorted colours.
* white gloves
* magic eraser brush
* fabric stain removal stick
* business cards (you’d be surprised how often these are forgotten)
* note pads, post-its
* stapler and staple remover
* extra lead sheets (more than you think you’ll need)
* digital camera with power pack/transformer/batteries
* paper clips
* rubber bands and rope
* sewing kit
* Velcro tape (hook and loop)
* duct tape
* carpet tape
* packing tape (clear and opaque)
* screwdrivers with assorted heads
* instructions for return shipments
* shipping labels for return shipment
* batteries (all types)
* extension cords/
* multi outlet power bars
* assorted light bulbs.
* extra struts
* Allen Keys (metric and British)
* multi-function knife
* assorted nails and screws.
* glass cleaner
* cloth / paper towels
* solvent cleaner
* super glue & epoxy (I once super-glued a client’s model that arrived damaged)
* cables to connect laptops to displays
* USB memory sticks
* assorted connectors
* assorted batteries
* universal power transformers
* a small vacuum cleaner or carpet sweep (you can’t always depend on the exhibit hall crew to get to your booth on time)
* BE PREPARED !!! and Good luck !!!
Will you be getting your money’s worth from your exhibit program?
“Should we rent or buy our trade show exhibit?” is a common question we get from new customers, and the answer is based on how often you attend trade shows and how much flexibility you need from an exhibit. Renting a complete booth (not including custom graphics) usually costs about 30-50% of the cost of purchasing the same exhibit.
So, if you usually attend 3 or more trade shows per year, or if you prefer having the same basic configuration from year to year and anticipate using the exhibit for 3 or more years in a row, purchasing a custom booth can be a more cost-effective choice. It can also boost brand recognition in regular attendees from show to show and year to year. It is a bigger financial commitment on the front end, but lesser annual expenses and depreciation of a capital expense may offer balance.
If, however, flexibility is more important to you because your team attends only a single annual event, or you prefer to create a new design for every trade show or every year, renting may be more practical for your needs. Rentals are perfect for the company that wants to customize the size and complexity of their exhibit in response to market conditions, products showcased, or other variables. This option requires an annual planned expenditure, but no maintenance costs over time.
Rent vs. Buy FAQ
Why do you not include the cost of the custom graphics when balancing renting and purchasing? When discussing the benefits and costs of renting versus purchasing, we don’t include the custom graphics, as those often change from venue to venue even if you buy an exhibit, so those costs could stay the same for either solution.
What if our company is new, and we want to make a big splash this year but scale back next year? You may want to consider renting a larger, impactful exhibit this year, and then plan ahead to design a more modest booth to use again and again for the next few years.
Won’t having the same booth every year lose effectiveness? We can help you design and add custom graphics to the booth you purchase so that it makes a fresh impact each year.
Are there different ways to pay for an exhibit? We can help here too. One way is to lease an exhibit the same way you would a car. This would let you use the exhibit and while only paying a deposit once you take possession. The balance would be paid over a time period agreed by you with a leasing company. Government grants are another option where we can help, since we have two strong grant programs for your company called Export Quebec and CanExport. We can obtain up to 40% of eligible expenses for Quebec and 50% for Canada, which can cover eligible trade show expenses, hotel and travel expenses and in certain cases, monies even for web development and graphic design.
What about the costs of repairing, storing, insuring and shipping a purchased exhibit? You do have some additional expenses with a purchased exhibit. Contact BERLINdisplays today and we’ll be happy to walk you through those expenses and all the solutions we offer.
BERLINdisplays works hard to help you display your organization or products to the very best advantage. If you are considering whether to buy or rent your trade-show display or booth, please contact us today. We would be honoured to help you make the best decision for your company and your bottom line.
BERLINdisplays offers a safe and convenient storage solution for our custom and modular trade show exhibits and booths.
Storing your BERLINdisplays exhibit with us is a practical, affordable option. Our storage is safe and secure, and you never have to worry about the storage unit size, quality, or security. No more scheduling an employee to be present for shipping out and returning crates, no more searching for storage that is secure and temperature/moisture controlled. When you store your exhibit with the experts who designed and built your valuable marketing tool, you can have confidence it will be ready to dazzle your audience when you are.
Located in Montreal, our storage centre is safe, secure, and offers the added convenience of professional evaluation of crates and contents upon arrival back from your trade shows. Our central location means predictable, easy shipping all over the United States and Canada. This makes your shipping costs easy to calculate, and your exhibit easy to ship.
When you combine this professional storage solution with our set up, tear down, and shipping services, this makes for the simplest possible transitions for your tradeshow team. We take care of everything but your presentation and giveaways!
Imagine being able to leave every facet of your tradeshow exhibit transitioning from one show to the next to the professionals you trusted to design and built it. Just schedule the shows and arrive to find it ready for your final touches. Then, when your job is accomplished, rest easy knowing your exhibit will be properly packed, shipped, and stored until you’re ready to use it again.
Are you ready to put your focus back on the marketing campaign instead of managing exhibit storage? We display you at your very best, and we store your exhibit so it arrives at its very best. Contact BERLINdisplays today to begin planning your marketing success.
Did you know that BERLINdisplays offers full turnkey solutions for trade show booths? Whether you have purchased the booth, or choose to lease a customized exhibit, we offer customer-oriented solutions that allow you to simply arrive at your show and, wow your audience! Since our customers attend trade shows across the globe, we are pleased to be able to offer all these services worldwide.
We can meet all your trade show needs. We not only offer expert design and manufacturing of the best trade show booths and display elements available anywhere in the world, but we also provide services to ship, assemble, disassemble, and store your trade show booths for you. Our commitment to your success doesn’t stop after the initial delivery!
Our shipping services include packing and protection, creating a proper bill of lading, choosing a reliable freight carrier, shipping all crates together, and applying your choice of insurance options to every shipment. We are aware that shipping costs are a concern to our customers, so our packing solutions and light weight displays are geared to protecting the booth from damage while using efficient shipping containers.
Packing and Assembly
Packing and assembly service includes unpacking the crates at the reserved booth area, assembling the booth and all display elements, preparing the packaging material and crating for storage, dismantling the booth and all display elements, carefully re-packing and protecting each of the pieces, removing the old bill of lading and applying the new one for either storage or your next destination.
We offer safe and secure storage solutions for our booths, so if there is downtime between trade shows, your booths and elements will be stored properly, ready to be shipped and assembled the next time you need them.
BERLINdisplays is committed to designing and manufacturing the best products available while providing exceptional customer service. We offer a full range of products for purchase and for lease. From design to assembly, to shipping and storage, let BERLINdisplays provide you with the best solutions for your exhibit program.
BERLINdisplays strongly urges our clients to keep records of which trade shows were successful and which need closer evaluation by your marketing team. In order to spend your marketing dollars wisely, identify highly successful shows to analyze, duplicate, and increase success in the following year.
Your trade show goals include collecting sales leads. It’s not just the sheer number of contacts you acquire, did you meet your goal of gathering QUALIFIED trade show leads? Those are the leads that are most likely to result in sales. Here are some questions your team can ask to differentiate the qualified leads from the unqualified:
- Is the prospect’s organization flourishing, or is there a pain point? No company makes a significant purchase unless it’s providing a solution. Change is difficult, so we avoid it. Implementing something new doesn’t happen because it’s attractive, it happens because they believe that purchase will produce a positive result.
- Does the problem the prospect describes match the problem your product solves? Even if your product resolves one issue, if your product isn’t designed to address the prospect’s primary problem, they’re going to spend money elsewhere first.
- Timing is everything. Has there been a recent change in their company? New management, market fluctuations, a PR or legal issue, even a sudden success; all of these will prompt an organization to take action, including making a purchase to help them resolve a problem. Also, why hasn’t the issue been resolved before now? Knowing where the roadblocks have been placed can help your sales team anticipate obstacles during the sale.
- Assess the level of urgency. What happens if the pain goes untreated? If the answer is that profitability or productivity is impacted, your prospect is serious about finding a solution. If they have tried other solutions that failed, you know they’re feeling urgency but they’ll need more from you than a standard sales pitch.
- Consider the budget. Is there a budget allocated for the solution? If not, when do they expect the budget to be set? Are there additional stakeholders who must sign off on the purchase? These answers tell you whether the organization plans to make a purchase soon, and who needs to hear and see your sales pitch.
- Assess the competition. What other solutions are they considering? Your trade show team needs to know if the interest from the prospect is genuine, or if your potential sale is being used as leverage to bargain with a preferred competitor. It is a common negotiating tactic, that while understandable, wastes your sales team’s time and energy.
- What is the contact’s stake in the solution? If the solution to this issue is important to a stakeholder, you have an “insider” in the process. The more committed your contact is to finding the right solution, the harder they’ll fight to make the deal happen.
If your trade show goal is to generate and collect leads, then more qualified leads mean more sales, and more sales mean greater success. We can help you drive traffic to your booth, engage your potential customers, and make a memorable impact.
BERLINdisplays is committed to our clients’ trade show success by providing solutions. Contact us today to find out how our customized trade show displays and booths can help you meet your trade show marketing goals!
Are We There Yet?
Is your trade show booth strategy working? How do you know if your trade booth or display elements are working? You’re meeting your goals for new leads, awareness, or connections!
For many exhibitors, more time goes into the logistics of getting to the conventions than goes into designing a marketing strategy to make the most of your time at conventions. If you’re not hitting the numbers you want, whether it’s generating leads, increasing awareness of your brand or product, or making connections and forming relationships with clients or partners? Then it’s time to plan ahead for your most effective trade shows ever!
The very first thing to do for an effective trade show experience is to identify your marketing goals. Once you set those goals, the strategy becomes clearer. The next thing to do is assign a booth staffer to track your numbers, goals, make notes on shows…all so you have the facts and figures you need to improve on your success each year.
Here are some great tips for each of the three most common trade show goals: Leads, awareness, and connections.
Generating leads is a numbers game. You need to maximize booth traffic to generate the most leads possible at each event. Here are important tips for getting the most passive traffic, actively attracting traffic, and turning traffic into leads.
- Passive traffic requires attention to detail and planning ahead. Choose booth locations where walkers will be: Near stages, at intersections, and never in a dead-end.
- Active traffic are the attendees who seek out your booth. How do you drive active traffic? Your booth needs to get people talking, attract attention, and have attendees searching for it. Desirable promotional items, visual impact of graphics and booth elements both generate buzz that draw attendees right to you!
- Turning traffic into leads is most effectively done by engaging and well-trained staffers, who can not only turn captivated passers-by into new leads, but they can then multiply that effect by creating more buzz and active traffic!
Increasing awareness of your brand, service, or product is about increasing active traffic and informing and engaging with the attendees. You may only get 5-10 seconds to make an impression or to entice that foot traffic into a quick and memorable conversation.
- See above for active traffic
- Turn your staffers into subject matter experts, at least on the surface level, to engage and inform the attendees who are attracted to your booth.
- Use graphics and booth elements designed to customize your booth for each show. Swapping out smaller elements to attract specific audiences while keeping the larger elements the same not only maximizes your budget, but your traffic, too!
- To increase awareness, you need to add layers of information and attention. An attractive promotional item can entice attendees to re-engage with your company by searching for information online. Ads on social media or trade publications promoting your booth at the event can create buzz beforehand. And arranging for your representatives or advocates to speak at the show will create more awareness before, during, and after the convention.
Making connections and deepening relationships with key clients or partners at a convention or expo requires a different focus. Set up your booth with seating, so that conversations and deeper connections are fostered, and the small group you are focused on actively attracting are enticed to stay awhile and enjoy their time with you while they take a deeper dive into your content/connection.
- Focus promotions to targeted individuals. Spend more per target to make the promotional memorable and meaningful.
- Use management or top-notch sales staff as booth staffers…these are connections who need to feel valued and special.
- Make plans to spend time outside the event, where you don’t have to compete with other booths or vendors.
- Use graphics and booth elements to honor key partnerships and clients, to celebrate your connection and your years together.
Are you excited and ready to begin strategizing your event calendar for 2018 and beyond? BERLINdisplays would love to partner with you to create traffic, buzz, and deeper connections with your target audience. We display you at your very best. Contact BERLINdisplays today to begin planning your marketing success.
Your trade show booth design is an important part of your sales strategy. A well-designed trade show booth offers stopping power, a critical chance to engage with potential customers, and the chance to be memorable to the customer long after the trade show ends. Don’t wait until the last minute, plan ahead for the booth design that will enhance and strengthen your trade show sales!
Trade Show Booth Design Timeline
Exhibit Preplanning (Up to a year in advance)
Spend some time preparing for the design process. Know your target market, including geographic sales market. Study the shows you are considering exhibiting in, make notes about what you see in the most successful booths. Line up your objectives, such as sales, budget, target profit, targeted product/line/service and frequency of shows, so that our design experts can create the best customized booth solutions for you and your team.
Design Phase (2 weeks)
Once you speak with our design team and send us the information and needs for your exhibit, our team will get to work, creating a custom booth for your company. With 37 years of experience across North America and Europe, BERLINdisplays has the expertise that will give your organization the edge.
Manufacturing and Shipping (4-6 weeks)
The quality products offered by BERLINdisplays take time to print, assemble, coordinate, and ship, so that you have the perfect, customized trade show booth design you need for an effective exhibit that supports your sales strategy.
BERLIN displays you at your best, offering graphics with stopping power, and clean, clear messaging give your exhibit an eye-catching advantage over the competition!
We cannot overstate the importance of a well-designed trade show booth. You only have a few seconds to catch the attention and interest of potential customers, so your first impression is vital! The right design can entice a customer to stop, engage with your representatives, and can help them remember your company and product line. BERLINdisplays can help you create a trade show booth that is both exciting and memorable!
Trade Show Booth Designs need:
Graphics with stopping power.
Instead of wandering by and tucking your marketing materials into a bag, never to be viewed again, you want your customers to stop and engage with your representatives.
- What do you want to accomplish? Whether you want to increase sales, generate buzz over a new product, or simply educate consumers/vendors, we can design a booth to support your purpose.
- Want to grab the attention of attendees? Exciting, relevant graphics ensure that event-goers stop, engage with your team, and remember your product or service long after the trade show is over.
Clean, clear messaging.
With only seconds to grab the eye, your booth must convey your message without confusion.
- What is your primary message? Our design team creates a booth around your needs and messaging.
- What images and text will you use for your brand or product identity? We can help enhance what your team is doing with exciting new messaging, or incorporate your own images and text to support your existing marketing campaign
- Do you need some flexibility? Will you market more than one product/line at some shows, but not others? We can offer separation of messaging into portable elements, so you can mix and match depending on your needs.
- Is your event booth design clear and concise? The most effective displays are clean and uncluttered. You want to catch the attention and whet the curiosity of the passerby, giving your team a chance to engage!
Experienced, expert booth design.
With 37 years of experience across two continents, BERLINdisplays offers expert design services to help you build your booth into a sales tool that can improve your trade show sales results and help boost your bottom line!
- How many events will your booth elements be used for? We offer a variety of booth designs and elements that will meet your need for durability and portability.
- Are you looking for elements you can pack and transport with your team, or will you have your booth professionally shipped? Our designs are created around your need and actual usage.
- What location will you occupy? Corner, ends, islands and in-line booths offer different design possibilities, and we offer elements to catch attention from every angle.
- What is your budget? BERLINdisplays offers booth designs and elements for every budget.
Displaying you at your best, BERLINdisplays creates customized trade show booth designs that will offer both stopping power AND memorable messaging!
- Customize Designs
- Panel Displays
- Pop-up Displays
- Pull-up Stands
- Table Throws
- Table-top Displays
- Truss Displays
- …and more!